Devon based classic boat owner

The Forum Forums The European Fleets Devon based classic boat owner

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Richard
      Participant

Hello people great to see the new site. Im looking for people to sail with and set up alternative lifestyle in initially Devon but looking to meet up with other fleets in the near future. Some experience necessary to get us started !!( Or willing to learn and take a few risks )
      My boat is a 38ft wooden Laurent Giles sloop that’s had a lot of work done on her over the winter and should be ready to go in June. Beautiful classic boat that needs to be used. anyone interested in getting involved drop me a message Rich

JJ Pinel
      Participant

Hi, Richard. I am writing from Lanzarote, Canary Islands, where I am studing yatchmaster and unlimited skipper. I guess finish my first course of two next June, so I would travel to Devon probably first of second week of June to meet with you and your amazing boat, if you remain there, or to anywhere we can meet during your travel. I have some experience saling, and specially a big wish to live sailing in an alternative way. I am Reiki and other natural healing techniques therapist.
      I only get a couple of months off before restart my studies, but I’d love to help you at the start. Let me know if you are interested in my offer. please.
      Love and Light
      JJ
      P.D.: Congratulations for this new Forum!! Thank You!!

Richard
        Participant

Hey JJ
        Fantastic I will update you as and when the boat is ready.. Hopefully she should be ready to go at the end of may /June I will keep you posted on progress and arrange to meet up before if your around
        Thankyou for your interest stay in touch
        Rich

Richard
        Participant

JJ just updated the post..thing
        Feel free to contact if you around in the Devon area.
        Om shanti
        Richard

Nacho Gonzalez
      Participant

Hi , Richard

I am photographer and filmmaker, now based in the mediterranean coast of Spain, It could be amazing to be part of your project, what are your plans?
      also could be very nice to see some pictures or your beauty …

nacho

Richard
        Participant

Hey nacho. the plan is… there is no plan!!! putting some things out to the universe.. I’m approaching this in an organic way lets see who contacts me and that will be the start.. Where’s the adventure in planning anyway!!!!
        Ps photos on my profile will add more when shes back in the water
        Rich

Arnaldo fernandes .
      Participant

hello richar , im have mechanical experience and carpinter whaterprof , im ready tu suport you proyet ani time

Richard
        Participant

Hola Arnaldo
        I will let you know when I get back in the water stay in touch
        Rich

JJ Pinel
      Participant

Hello, Richard!
      Any news about the boat? I am making planes for this summer, I would like to know how are you getting on…

Owen Cameron
      Participant

Hey Richard my name is Owen I own a 32ft 9 ton Hillyard that I recently completed a full two year restoration on, I am currently moored in Amsterdam preparing for my open ended unplanned trip around the world. My first port of call will be Devon to enjoy some summer sailing and see my family, it would be great to meet up and see where the journey goes. It sounds like we have similar visions.I also have a vision of travelling onwards through the european waterways with a crew of musicians, busking and performing along the way. Also I am a boat builder by trade if you are still at work when I get to Devon I could lend a hand, I know what it can be like sometimes! All the best and hope to here from you, feel free to add me on facebook where I will be more available https://m.facebook.com/owen.cameron.52

Richard
        Participant

Hey Owen good to get you message. Fram is coming on I was due to launch 0n the 8th March However I discovered some structural problems.. Rotten horn timber…. I am just in the process of steaming ribs and hope to be riveting and planking her up in the hope she can go back in the water before the end of June. Not going to lift anymore floorboards until next year!!

The offer of assistance is greatly appreciated.. Im still learning but beats paying £35 an hour to the shipwrights in the yard

Drop in when your over .. Im currently in Dartmouth area 07539741178

Richard

Sam Caldwell
      Participant

Hey Richard and owen- I am a new zealander, who will be in europe in a few weeks, ever since I’ve heard about this alternative sailing, I’ve been dieing to become a part of it-
      Although I have no sailing experience, I do have boating experience and qualifications-
      I am an outdoor instructor(so am very familiar with ropes and knots) and have a willingness to learn as much as I can to become an effective and valuable crew member. My email is samcaldwell95@gmail.com if you want to know more about me, or think I would fit in.
      I am more than happy to drop by whenever to help with a rebuild or maintenance.
      Although I don’t have much in the way of money-I am a musician, and recently got into fire staff dance- so busking and street performing will be a viable way to contribute.
      I am an experienced low budget/no money hitchhiker, and have a good set of survival and outdoor bushcraft skills.
      I look forward to hearing from you, and hopefully I’ll be able to join a crew shortly (:

cezar popescu
      Participant

My dear brothers! I would love to meet all of you together now… I do not know why did this thread stop… I would love to have news about you all… How are you, dear Richard? I am ready to join you now… just write me where to come here on the forum or at: cezarrpopescu@gmail.com or call me at +40734522093 . I am not for long time in Bucharest, Romania, heading Barcelona before I discovered your thread… Now I would love to meet you and as many free brothers first 🙂 with my whole heart… Hugging you all I will end this post with a short list of links through my past:
      http://cezarrpopescu.blogspot.ro/
      https://www.shapeways.com/shops/cezarrpopescu
      https://www.youtube.com/user/cezarrpopescu
      https://www.facebook.com/cezarrpopescu

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.