Sail Away With Us

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Alhambro
      Participant

Sail Away With Us

The Offer:
      Sail around the world with us – 50% Catamaran boat share
      Meet Hoppipolla, which in Icelandic means “Jumping into Puddles”. Hoppipolla is a 36.5 foot catamaran made by Dean in South Africa in the early 1990s. She is a spacious, strong and capable offshore boat and equipped with all the necessary safety and navigation gear. Fully self-sufficient, she can be sailing in remote areas for months. We have given her an extensive refit since 2017 to make her ready and safe for extended cruising, away from marinas. Literally thousands of working hours and euros later, we have almost finished the refit.
      She is not flashy or pretentious, but homey and cozy. She is not a speedy factory boat, but a sturdy boat with character. Most importantly, she has become our sweet home which we would like to share with the right people. 
      We bought Hoppipolla in 2016 near Paphos in Cyprus where she is currently moored. We intended to begin our extended around the world voyage in 2020, but due to the global crisis our plans have changed. We are now planning to set sails in April 2021 and sail her westwards. We have also decided that it would be nice and more sustainable and affordable to share Hoppipolla and our cruising life with the right people.
      Hence, we offer a 50% share of Hoppipolla which entitles you to live on and use the boat for 6 months of the year. For the coming 3-5 years she will be sailing around the world, loosely following the barefoot route westwards and we invite you to join us. In December 2021 we would like to sail her to the Caribbean and from there we shall see.
      For each year we will agree on when you and we will be using Hoppipolla as well as where she will be roughly headed. We will then simply meet and swap crew at agreed times and locations. However, we would love to find people we can develop a friendship with and create a flow of life on board, sometimes possibly all of us sailing at the same time and enjoying and creating life together.
      The Vision:
      To enjoy and celebrate life on the ocean and ashore in joyful, conscious, sustainable, ethical and caring ways. To connect with and learn from nature, people and different cultures on the way. To be involved in projects that contribute to raising the quality of life for people and other beings.
      The Crew:
      Tina:
      Tina is passionate about the little things and mindful of the bigger picture; fascinated about healing with the help of nature and growing by integrating all aspects of life. I am inspired by Buddhist and Taoist philosophy and love brain-twisting thinking with a good laugh about myself in the end. Can be happy-as when I smell a flowers’ scent or listen to a birdies’ song. Friends say I’m easy going, perhaps because I’m accepting the odds in humans and in life when I enquire with honest curiosity.
      Lars:
      Lars is a keen explorer of life and love. I deeply value openness, curiosity and learning from life. I used to be, amongst many other things, a Professor for Media and Communication and now I am a freeish being  I am currently working on several projects, one of them is The Love Project. A Documentary Journey into the Heart of Love (www.TheLoveProject.xyz). I am also in the process of developing several related projects, one of them being the Circle of Lovers. In addition, I love playing poi, dancing, making music, diving, nature, the simple life, philosophy, critical thought, connecting and exchanging with people, writing, learning, exploring post-capitalist worlds and envisioning more conscious, connected, respectful, caring, loving, sustainable and ethical ways of living and being beyond the current destructive, alienated and exploitative status quo.
      We are both in our early 40s, originally from Germany, but that’s not really important 😊
      The Boat:
      Here some details of Hoppipolla:
      • Built 1992-1995 in South Africa
      • 11.5m long, 5.40m wide catamaran
      • Extra strong GPR hull
      • 4 cabins: two large double fore cabins, two smaller double aft cabins– one of them is currently used as storage and work space
      • Sleeps 6 people permanently, up to 10+ if needed
      • One 70HP marinized Toyota diesel engine + separate Volvo Penta leg steering
      • 600l water and 300l diesel storage
      • 90m main chain, several anchors, including a 25kg Rocna as primary anchor and further anchor warps
      • Radar, GPS, Chartplotter, AIS Transponder, VHS, SSB, Epirb/PLB, MOB AIS, Autopilot
      • 3 solar panels (380 W) plus Wind Generator (600 W), 480AMP Battery Bank plus starter battery, intelligent charger, etc.
      • 12V and 220V power systems, inverter
      • LED lights throughout
      • 3 stage water filter
      • Watermaker
      • Washing machine, Monitor, gas stove + oven, fridge
      • Dive compressor and four dive bottles
      • Zodiac 6 person RIB dinghy + 15HP Suzuki 4 stroke outboard
      • Life raft
      • Large collection of spare parts and tools
      • Bottom new coppercoat
      • New gelcoat and paint inside and out
      • New windows, solar panels, anchor, wind generator, chartplotter, AIS, VHS, radar, radar arch, stove, tons of other new items, etc.
      About You:
      We are looking for one or two lovely people to share Hoppipolla with us.
      It would be great if you shared at least some of our values and interests, which include:
      Open-mindedness, honesty, honest and open communication, philosophy, love, alternative health and wellbeing modalities, psychology, sustainability, post-capitalist worlds, historical materialism, yoga, tantra, meditation, spirituality, healthy and organic food, critical enquiry and reflection, poi, diving, explorations of inner and outer worlds and boundaries, being joyful and playful, making music, meaningful conversations, the simple life, kite surfing, etc.
      It would be wonderful if you had more of a sensitive, reflective, deep, kind and caring, yet joyful and vibrant character.
      The kitchen is preferably vegetarian/vegan, but this is not a must.
      Please DON’T contact us if you are intolerant, racist, misogynistic, capitalist, selfish, unable to openly communicate and listen, narcissistic, self absorbed, conservative…
      You MUST be responsible, trustworthy, honest, able to openly and constructively communicate and willing to equally share the joys and chores of owning a boat.
      Costs:
      Details to be negotiated, but generally for a 50% share of the boat and equipment we believe 50.000 Euro to be a fair offer.
      In addition, a few things are still needed which we estimate to be another 3000-4000 Euro share for you for a new set of sails, boat internet solution, new curtains and upholstery work and other small bits and pieces. The vast majority of work is done!
      Viewing Time:
      We will be able to meet you and show you Hoppipolla in the Eastern Mediterranean between 10. September and 14. November 2020. Then again from April 2021.
      Contact Us:
      For initial contact and further details please contact us at:
      we@hoppipolla.net
      or:
      Facebook: Lars Satyamo Apfelbaum & Tina Krombach
      Pleae contact us only if there is SERIOUS interest and you can afford the purchase. No time wasters please.
      A (part-)trade for a natural, peaceful piece of land near the water in warm/hot climates (e.g Portugal, Spain, Southern France) might be an option as well as trading for a (camper-)van.

PLEASE NOTE that some of the pics are from before or during the refit. We haven’t had a chance to take better/newer pics yet. I can’t post them here, but here is the FB post:

https://www.facebook.com/lars.satyamo.apfelbaum/

FEEL FREE TO SHARE THIS POST WITH LIKE-MINDED PEOPLE.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.